Friday, December 2, 2011

Good things

Here's a quick list of some good things that happened this week:

Brian figured out how to watch Dexter on some pirated Swiss TV website. We have 2 season to catch up on!

I made my first batch of cookies in Germany. There are no chocolate chips, so I made them with M&Ms. They turned out well even though I have only one cookie sheet that is small enough to fit in the oven. They are good - I'm eating one now.

I started and finished my last paper for my online HR class. It was about work-life balance. It seemed appropriate, because both Brian and I are a little more balanced here. Maybe I am tipping a little toward the life side.

I got another little job reviewing a website translation for my friend Karissa's organization by Monday.

I successfully ordered a block of parmesan cheese at the deli counter.

We are planning to cap off the week with a visit to the Hannover Christmas market, and try some gluhwein. Though if it is raining tonight, we might stay home for a Dexter marathon instead.

I entered the family Amaryllis race with a head start, by buying this guy at the grocery store:

So even though I thought today about our creaky floors and our backyard and the fun people we know in St Paul, things are pretty good here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thanks for coming to my blog. It started as a way to keep in touch with family and friends, and now has become an ongoing project. I'm an American living in Germany and trying to travel whenever I can. I write about my experiences as an expatriate (the interesting ones and the embarrassing ones), and about my travels. There are some recurring characters in this blog, particularly my husband Brian and several of our friends. The title comes from the idea that living in a foreign country means making a lot of mistakes. So the things you used to do easily you now have to try over and over again. Hopefully, like me, you can laugh at how idiotic it feels. If you have happened upon my blog, then welcome. Knowing that people are reading what I write makes me keep going. Feel free to write comments or suggestions for future posts.