Friday, March 22, 2013

A few days in review

Saturday:
We had a party for St Patrick's Day. It wasn't supposed to be more than a few people coming over.
Then I went to bed at 3:30, and there were still people in my house.
My wonderful husband stayed up and washed the dishes 'til almost 5.
How does this happen? Time felt different back in the  U.S...
Unlike our last few parties, no glasses were broken, no crusty guacamole on the floor the next day, no red wine splashed on the wall. I'd call that a success.

Sunday:
Indian food, mopping, early to bed.

Monday:
Confirmed - we now have airline tickets to go to the U.S. this summer! For one fabulous month of heat, sunshine, mosquitoes, root beer and Mountain Dew, we will be back home. On the agenda is a Gray family reunion and some time with Twin Cities friends... and that's it so far.

Tuesday:
I subbed for P.E. class and a 6th grade boy was injured playing fortress doctor dodgeball. It's not worth explaining what that is, except that part of the fortress fell on his head and there was blood. I'm not sure I'm qualified for this.

Wednesday:
Got on a train headed south, met up with my parents in Augsburg for a week of sightseeing. More on that trip to come. We don't plan on staying up past 12 but a wine glass has already been broken.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thanks for coming to my blog. It started as a way to keep in touch with family and friends, and now has become an ongoing project. I'm an American living in Germany and trying to travel whenever I can. I write about my experiences as an expatriate (the interesting ones and the embarrassing ones), and about my travels. There are some recurring characters in this blog, particularly my husband Brian and several of our friends. The title comes from the idea that living in a foreign country means making a lot of mistakes. So the things you used to do easily you now have to try over and over again. Hopefully, like me, you can laugh at how idiotic it feels. If you have happened upon my blog, then welcome. Knowing that people are reading what I write makes me keep going. Feel free to write comments or suggestions for future posts.