Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving part 3

This is the last post about Thanksgiving, I promise, at least until next year. But it was a three day celebration, and deserves one more post.

Saturday was day of Puten Bowl 2, also known as the Turkey Bowl. Even though people who knew how to play American football were in the minority, it was a hit. Everyone filled their typical roles: Brian was the coach, Andrew showed up late, Patrick took his pants off in public, and Kent called in sick. Everyone had a good time aside from being annoyed by a couple of Germans who took the game too seriously and argued about the rules (typical). Here are a few photos of the epic battle between pilgrims and indians:





Back row: Patrick, Sankey, Stephan the show-off, Sallee, Mac, Jake, Macoustra (hidden, aka the other Mac), T-Bird the Danish-Indian wonder
Middle row: Ed the opera singer, Jamie, Smilin' John Licandro, Hendo, Artur (Lithuanian), T-Dog Merkle (in scarf)
Front row: Evan and Marius (the other Lithuanian in crazy pants)

The party Saturday night was a hit. I can't say for sure how many people were here, since they came and went throughout the evening. To my surprise, we had 7 neighbors show up. Apparently they want to be our friends. Brian and I are not sure what to make of this, and whether we should suspect some ulterior motive. It was good the neighbors came pretty early, because my German language skills deteriorated as the night went on. All of our usual good-time friends were there, plus the Lithuanian folk dancers and a musician from Krakow. With no permanent damage to our house and no food or wine left over, I'd call it a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thanks for coming to my blog. It started as a way to keep in touch with family and friends, and now has become an ongoing project. I'm an American living in Germany and trying to travel whenever I can. I write about my experiences as an expatriate (the interesting ones and the embarrassing ones), and about my travels. There are some recurring characters in this blog, particularly my husband Brian and several of our friends. The title comes from the idea that living in a foreign country means making a lot of mistakes. So the things you used to do easily you now have to try over and over again. Hopefully, like me, you can laugh at how idiotic it feels. If you have happened upon my blog, then welcome. Knowing that people are reading what I write makes me keep going. Feel free to write comments or suggestions for future posts.